RE: mysql >v4.0

> Joyce, Matthew wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a apt-source to update my mysql server ?
> >
> > there are some features in v4 which are not in the v3.23.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Matt
> >

> deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main
>
> Quality of stuff in experimental isn't guaranteed[fresh install is
> probably fine, assume that an upgrade will break horribly]...  Use
> 'apt-get -t experimental -u install ...' to install.

hmm, I am deeply wary of doing this.
I just can't face the prospects of lots of dependancies being upgraded and
something going wrong.

not this week, I will have to drag out the old test machine methinks...

thanks though.

Children's Cancer Institute Australia is the only independent medical
research institute in Australia solely devoted to research into the causes,
prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of
all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering.
http://www.ccia.org.au