Re: [OT] Sendmail help

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Calber Chainy wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have problems with sendmail.  I searched for a forum, mail list or
> some other help where I can ask some questions but failed.
>
> Does anyone know of any list, forum or something like it about sendmail?

 From the sendmail faq:

Q2.1 -- What is this newsgroup?

   Date: May 28, 1996

   The Usenet newsgroup comp.mail.sendmail is dedicated to the discussion
   of the program named "sendmail" in all its various forms. It is most
   commonly found on computers running a flavor of the Operating System
   known as Unix, or derived from Unix.

Q2.4 -- How do I access comp.mail.sendmail by email?

   Date: November 24, 1996

   Send email to mxt@dl.ac.uk with the command "sub
   comp-news.comp.mail.sendmail full-US-ordered-email-address" as the
   body of the message (with your correct address in place of the
   "full-US-ordered-email-address", and omitting the double quotes in all
   cases of this example).

   E-mail you want posted on comp.mail.sendmail should be sent to
   comp-mail-sendmail@dl.ac.uk

> When my server receives a mail from anyone to the adress
> someone@mydomain.com I want to send a mail back telling this person that
> someone@mydomain.com will disappear and will be
> some.one@myotherdomain.com.
>
> Is there a procedure, configuration file, script or all mixed together
> that allows me to do this?

Also from sendmail faq:

Q4.2 -- How can I set up an auto-responder?

   Date: March 23, 1996
   Updated: February 16, 1999

   This is a local mailer issue, not a sendmail issue. Depending on what
   you're doing, look at procmail (see Q4.9), ftpmail, or Majordomo.

   The latest version of Majordomo can be found at
   ftp://ftp.greatcircle.com/pub/majordomo/. It is written in Perl and
   requires either Perl 4.036, and appears to run with only minor tweaks
   under 5.001a or later. Make sure to check out the web interface for
   Majordomo called LWGate at
   http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/lwgate.html. The latest versions of
   Perl (both 4.x and 5.x) can be found in
   http://www.metronet.com/perlinfo/src/. More information about Perl can
   be found at http://www.metronet.com/perlinfo/perl5.html

   The latest version of ftpmail can be found at
   ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/ftpmail or any comp.sources.misc
   archive (volume 37).

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit