Re: [OT] Multiple NICs with Monolithic kernel

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 07:32:31AM -0800, Michael West wrote:
>      I don't know what you do when multiple cards use the same module.

Most drivers probe in MAC address order.  Thus, you need to look at
your cards when you install them and make sure you know which is first
(lowest MAC address).  I usually have the first card closest to the
power supply and each successive card farther away, but that's just
me.

I've built a few router/fw boxes with two or three interfaces; tulip
or natsemi cards, never had a problem where the interfaces were
assigned "out of order".

  Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
  ourselves possess.
          -- Gandalf the Grey