Re: crazy problems

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 14:17, Russell Shaw wrote:
> Garrett P. McLean wrote:
>  > also, is there any way
> > for me to add ide-scsi emulation as a module without recompiling?
>
> Select ide-scsi option in the source tree with make menuconfig,
> then make modules and make modules_install. Might need to add
> ide-scsi to /etc/modules too.

i don't have the kernel-source package, uname -r gives 2.4.18-bf2.4 and
when i do apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.18-bf2.4 it can't find a
matching package (from unstable or stable sources). i have
kernel-headers for my kernel, but can you give me precise directions on
how to do this? sorry, i'm a pretty much a noob to debian, i've recently
switched from the easiness of redhat.
--
Garrett P. McLean <carrett@ocf.berkeley.edu>