Re: Wierd XEmacs problem.

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> Jorge Santos <jsf@ciencias.unam.mx> writes:
>
> > I have a problem here, on X Window C-/ works just fine as undo, but in
> > the console it just inserts an /, the funny thing is this, when I type
> > C-h k C-/ I get:
>
> I have a feeling that C-/ can't be represented in ASCII... anyone
> remember the rules, offhand?

I had a little misstatement back there, where it says 'in the console' it
should say 'inside a virtual terminal', in the console I get another,
unexpected, behaviour, turns out that when I press C-/ in the console
it deletes backwards, and when pressing C-h k C-/ it says:

BS runs 'delete-backward-char'

So my guess it _is_ something encoding related, but I really don't
know that much about that stuff.

I also found something else that might be of worth, back home (the
problem happens in Sid, which I run here at work), I'm using Woody and
C-/ does undo on a virtual terminal, however, when I press C-h k C-/
it says:

C-_ runs `undo'

Something else that make me think is somehow related to enconding is
that in a zsh running inside a virtual terminal it also has the same
problem here at work, and not at home (you can also see another mail
to the list about this zsh issue the other day).

TIA,

Jorge