Re: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 12:57:14PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> They are (others have posted the Debian pages related to this). "hamm" is a
> toy piggy bank (voice by one of the Cheers characters, the postman, I
> believe) in the movie and "slink" is a slinky toy (voice by Gilbert Gnarly
> is it ??).

That would be John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin on _Cheers_) who
incidentally also has a role in _The Empire Strikes Back_; he's one of
the rebel officers at the base on Hoth.

  Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
  It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
          -- William Pitt