Re: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

At 09:29 AM 2/21/2003 -0800, nate wrote:
deFreese, Barry said:
> OK, this is probably a newbie question and maybe it has been covered
> before but it's been buggin' me for a while.
>
> So we have Potato, Woody, Sid, Sarge.  Are the Debian folks Toy Story fans
> or is it just coincidence?

no coincidence. though i've never seen the movie myself. And don't
plan to :)

I'd suggest you do as they're good movies, both of them, in my opinion. They're kids/adult movies too. Lots of jokes and innuendos that my 4-year old has no clue about, but I do !

there was also hamm(2.0), and slink(2.1), not sure if those were part of
toy story too ?

They are (others have posted the Debian pages related to this). "hamm" is a toy piggy bank (voice by one of the Cheers characters, the postman, I believe) in the movie and "slink" is a slinky toy (voice by Gilbert Gnarly is it ??).

Hall