Re: mutt: read-thread vs. delete-thread ???

* Michael D. Schleif (mds@helices.org) [030220 09:02]:

> I want delete-thread and read-thread to behave identically; but, they do
> not.
>
> When I am in the pager, \cd marks the current thread deleted and
> positions the indicator on the next message after that thread.
>
> When I am in the pager, \cr marks the current thread read, dumps me back
> to the index and the indicator remains on that thread member I was last
> reading.
>
> Actually, I would like the indicator -- in both cases -- to be on the
> next un-read line; but, I will settle for \cr to result in same as
> current \cd.

macro pager \Cd <delete-thread><next-unread><current-middle>
macro pager \Cr <read-thread><next-unread><current-middle>

> When I am in the index, \cd marks the current thread deleted and
> positions the indicator on the next message after that thread.
>
> When I am in the index, \cr marks the current thread read and the
> indicator remains on that thread member I was las reading.
>
> Actually, I would like the indicator -- in both cases -- to be on the
> next un-read line; but, I will settle for \cr to result in same as
> current \cd.

macro index \Cd <delete-thread><next-unread><current-middle>
macro index \Cr <read-thread><next-unread><current-middle>

If these aren't working well, use "set resolve=no" to make mutt not jump
your cursor down to the next undeleted message after deleting.  I think
the delete-thread might otherwise skip a message, in the case that the
next undeleted message is also unread.  Setting resolve=no is probably
the trick you're looking for.

good times,
Vineet
--