Re: apt sources

Thanks all.  I finally got things straightened out...there were
a few typos in the original document and I made a few trial and error
runs on them and now have them working.

alex wrote:
I'm having a problem understanding the architecture of apt sources
and have difficulty in getting packages with apt and dselect.

According to the APT HOWTO, 2.1, The /etc/apt/sources.list file
it says: (quote)
"The entries in this file normally follows this format:"

"deb-http://site.http.org/debian distribution section1 section2 section3"

"deb-src http://site.http.org/debian distribution section1 section2 section3"

Question---isn't 'site.http' supposed to be 'http.site' ?

---------
The following sources are copied directly from my /etc/apt/sources.list. It seems to me that there are errors
such as  /  either missing or in the wrong place.

Could someone comment on whether or not the sources are correctly
structured as is or what the error is?
-----

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main/
                                              ^-- main/ or main?