Re: SSL Encrypiton

Thanks for the reply.

I know about the limitations of gftp. I was looking for a wrapping utility or even something ftp-ssl. I had another reply which directed me to tlswrap. The problem is that there seems to be a communication error.

[~]$ ftp 127.0.0.1 7000
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
220 TLSWRAP FTP Proxy Server (Version 0.7) ready.
Name (127.0.0.1:jmak): jmak@146.232.189.12:33
502 RFC 2228 authentication not implemented.
SSL not available
331 Password required for jmak.
Password:
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: No such file or directory
ftp>

I don't really have an option. Some of the people are running Serv-u 4 which only supports SSL/TLS encryption and the windows applications like CuteFTP Pro 1/2/3 does support it. So it is the linux community that pulls on the shortend. I am trying to find a way to link the networks. The only we I see that linux can move forward if it offers that which Windoz offers. If it doesn't, people will keep to that which does, even thow they know there is better things out there.

Regards
Tinus