Re: What disks are what?

I'm going to make a flying assumption that you don't like the idea of
downloading eight CDs worth of data, and I don't blame you.  Debian
discourages downloading more than you need, especially considering CD
images are a real drain of resources for the mirrors.
http://www.debian.org/CD/ Your CD options are ordered according to
preference, the higher on the list, the more highly recommended it is.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 05:56:02PM -0800, John F. wrote:
> I am downloading the Debian disk sets (using jigdo), and I am wondering:
> What is on each of the (seven or eight?) disks?

Do you have network access where you are going to be installing
Debian?  If so, then the question isn't so much "What's on the disks?"
but rather "How should I obtain a better CD set?"

You're doing it the right way if the systems you are installing on has
no network access.  If they do have network access, the full CD set is
not the best method, try this instead:
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>