RE: firewall -- best practices

> 2.  Occasionally, I would like to ssh into my network from
> work.  Is it
> best to only open up the port on the firewall or do some port
> forwarding so that ssh connections automatically go to a different
> (non-firewall) machine?

I have been using ipCop on a P133 with dsl, no problems at all, *very easy*
to setup. (if the machine has a bootable cd drive)

http://www.ipcop.org

I setup port forwarding and I have had no problems, but I expect there are
other solutions.

Presumably you could ssh into one and then telnet to others.

Matt

Children's Cancer Institute Australia is the only independent medical
research institute in Australia solely devoted to research into the causes,
prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of
all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering.
http://www.ccia.org.au