pcmcia + apm = no suspend

I must have been struggling with this for months.

I have a pcmcia wireless nic running a DHCP connection.

I have removed the 'auto' entries in /etc/network/interfaces and have only the network.opts to load the network configuration when I install the card.

I have that apm thingy file set to 'apm=eject'
When I attempt to suspend or hibernate, I get one annoying little 'boop' about 100% of the time.

Normally it has two higher tones before it sleeps/suspends/hibernates/whatever.

I don't know yet if removing the network.opts and using only the /etc/network/interaces would remove this problem.

But it doesn't seem to work as well as it should.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with this, please feel free to contribute. I am running 'testing' for the most part, but I think the problem has been around longer than that?

--
Stop me, before I kill again!