Re: Removing Package Dependencies

Hello Nick,

* Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> [2003-02-18 09:30]:

> > This morning (CET) I run an update and performed an upgrade by
> > dselect with sid.  Ther, emacs was required.
>
> Don't worry your not going insane, the version of cxref you were trying to
> install depends on emacsen-common.

well, why does cxref depend on emacsen-common?  Is there any reason?
Or is there any policy saying that every user must use emacs? ,-)
For me, *personally*, emacs just consumes a hell lot of space....
/* but there is no reason to inflame a discussion on that, it's just
   my personal opinion. */

> > How can I produce such a listing as you did?
>
> apt-cache show cxref

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas