Re: Removing Package Dependencies

Lukas Ruf said:
> Is there any way to get rid of package dependencies?  The reason for this
> question: I have been using VIM ever since I am using Linux -- and do not
> want to have emacs installed at all.  However, packets like cxref have the
> idea they would depend on emacs -- but cxref, as an example, can be used
> without emacs too, can't it?

I see no mention of emacs in the cxref's package listing, where do you
see this?

Package: cxref
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 500
Maintainer: Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.5c-9
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2)
Suggests: www-browser,tetex-base,tetex-bin,cxref-doc
Filename: pool/main/c/cxref/cxref_1.5c-9_i386.deb
Size: 158524
MD5sum: e35d491e7daacda9bac85073240c36a9
 A program that takes as input a series of C source files
 and produces a LaTeX or HTML document containing a cross
 reference of the files/functions/variables in the program,
 including documentation taken from suitably formatted
 source code comments.
 The documentation is stored in the C source file in
 specially formatted comments, making it simple to maintain.
 The cross referencing includes lists of functions called,
 callers of each function, usage of global variables, header
 file inclusion, macro definitions and type definitions.
 Works for ANSI C, including many gcc extensions.
Task: c-dev