Re: network problem: configuration/DNS? cannot access internalmachine using our external IP

wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 18:10, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:

> Yes, just stick 'nameserver a.b.c.d' in /etc/resolv.conf where
> a.b.c.d is the address of your local nameserver.
>
> There's a bunch of nameservers in Debian. I looked at a few of them,
> needing a DNS that would be authoritative for the local network and
> pass everything else on to my ISP if my dialup was up. I found
> dnsmasq to be the simplest to set up, and it's nice and lightweight.
>
> Pigeon

I am using a coyote firewall with fixed IP's internally optionally using
dns, so that my print server has a fixed IP but a laptop plugged in
can get a local address.  I don't have enough memory on that 486
to want to have a cache on it, so I have another caching dns on the
print server.  It is pdnsd which is designed with this specific purpose,
and it is in stable I believe.  Two is probably not better than one, but
it is a lot easier to set up.  DaveA