Re: VMWare package

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 08:52:29AM -0900, Andy wrote:
> On Sunday 16 February 2003 15:47, Greg Norris wrote:
> > There's no debianized package, but the 3.2 tarball works fine (on sid,
> > at least).  I didn't try to build a package out of it, just pointed the
> > installer to /opt/vmware.
>
> Can you give us more detail?  I can't get VMWare to work on Debian woody.

Extracted the distribution:
   tar xzf VMware-workstation-3.2.0-2230.tar.gz

changed to the extracted directory:
   cd vmware-distrib/
   ./vmware-install.pl

Then answer it's questions.  I installed it under /usr/local.  You'll
need a working compiler and the headers for you current kernel.

If you need more help, please provide more information about where
you're having difficulty and the errors (if any) that are provided.

--
Jamin W. Collins