Re: APM and Linux Clock (WAS:Re: very slow Linux clock)

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 07:18:00PM +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Thanks for your reply:
>
> since I have remove the `Batterie Charge Monitor' applet
> (Gnome2 under testing/unstable) the Linux clock is fine.
>
> Is there a link between this applet (APM) and the Linux clock ?

The APM driver disables interupts when it polls the battery status,
which often causes some clock interupts to be missed, which skews the
system clock a bit.  This can sometimes accumulate into minutes each
hour.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://sights.seindal.dk/