Re: KDE 3? or 4?

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 02:23:05PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> Yes, libfam0c102 conflicts with libfam0 (debatably so, see bug #181104).
>> What I meant was that the KDE stuff in unstable that has not been
>> upgraded to KDE 3 would have to be removed in order to install the rest
>> of KDE 3, due to the libfam0/libfam0c102 conflict.
>
> So I'm doing the Right Thing waiting for the kde metapackage to move
> me to KDE3?

I'm not sure if the KDE maintainer plans to use a kde metapackage for
KDE 3, since it's sort of a maintenance nightmare.  It would probably
make more sense to make it a "task" instead.

If I were you, I would rely on the KDE module metapackages instead
(kdebase, kdeadmin, kdeartwork, etc.).  However, I can't say with
authority whether or not this is the Right Thing to do.

--
On a scale of 1 to 10?  It sucked.