Re: more kernel questions

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:44:01PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:11:47AM +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> > Thanks, but no, I checked the symlinks, and /vmlinuz and the old version
> > both point to the correct places (as do the initrd ones).
>
> hmm... well, could you post your
>
> - lilo.conf

D'oh! Thanks for that - I read it more closely this time, including
the bits at the top, which I didn't think were relevant (hadn't
changed). However, when I rebuilt the machine, with some recently
acquired hardware, I just copied my /etc directory from the old disk
to the new disk - including /etc/lilo.conf, which is installing lilo
successfully on /dev/sda. Unfortunately, my new SCSI card is an
ex-Sun one, which won't boot a PC, so I have an IDE disk for that.

Come to think of it, that's what probably screwed up the LVM setup I
was playing with on /dev/sda - there's no room on the PV for an
mbr, so it got overwritten. Luckily I hadn't started copying data
over :-)

If after fixing that I still have problems, I might make that stuff
available, but I don't see much point at the moment :-)

Thanks,

Richard