how to login from old pc to new pc

Hello,

after 2 weeks I finally got everything working on my new PC (except
sound, but that can wait). I want to use my old PC as a second
"Terminal" on my new system, but how the .... do you do that? Could
somebody tell me how or point me to where I can find out how to get this
working?

I've got an old box running woody and a new box with sarge, they're
(locally) connected via their network cards. A simple, step by step,
configuration guide - please? My kids are getting bigger and I'm
starting to loose the fights over who can work with the computer next.

I've found tons of links to diverse sites, howtos and mailing list
entries, and all of them say how easy it is to use your old machine as
an x-terminal - but it isn't. Lengthy excursions into different types of
setups, the intricacies of X, terminals, remote login, ssh, LTSP and on
and on. I'm certainly no linux expert - but also no total knows-nothing
newcomer (well, I got sarge working).

Will work for solution
If I can get a solution for my problem I'll write it up in a howto or
chapter of a debian doc - or translate from english to german or
vice-versa. But please somebody show me the way!

Finally I'd like to thank all you people for the fantastic work you're
doing with Debian. I started of years ago with slackware, moved to suse,
then red-hat and they were mainly a painful and frustrating experience.
Potato was real fun compared to all the others (after I finally got
everything configured right!).

But installation and configuration really still are tough and I guess a
lot of people have turned away from linux after frustrating experiences.
My kids even make fun of me (and linux) because I'm killing so much time
trying to get things working that run out of the box with that other os.
Yesterday I booted with a knoppix cd and without any questions it set up
a working system (even sound!). I sure hope the new installer I've read
about will make things easier - it's the last barrier to world
domination. And maybe the Linux feature that you can put old/low-price
hardware to good use as an X-terminal?

Thanks and best wishes,

Roman Brodylo