Re: Newbie Installation Problems

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:47:04PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Fun fact: Today is Oregon Day.  On this day in 1859, Oregon became the
> US's 33rd state, the result of the Vote at Champoeg, in which two
> Canadians wanted dead or alive tipped the vote from 49/50 to 51/50 in
> favor of becoming a US state instead of a Canadian province.
> Retrospectively, this is considered the worst thing to happen to
> Oregon as it leaves the international boundary on the wrong side of
> the state, something that has left us completely defenseless against
> political and migratory abuse by California (everybody stop moving
> here, Oregon's full now, not that anybody was welcome to begin with).

Please take your tripe elsewhere.  In the U.S. people are free to move
from state to state without restriction.  Get over it.  Replace
Californian with nigger/jew/whop/chink/irish/injun/wetback/etc. and
see how palatable your xenophobia becomes.

More people move to California in any given year than Oregon and
California is similarly "defenseless" against these migrations.  Since
this is largely an economic decision, the solution lies in: (1) make
Oregon a prohibitively expensive place to live; and (2) make Oregon a
prohibitively expensive place to do business.  If you succeed in both of
those, I'm sure migrations will dwindle to a trickle.  Of course, it
might make Oregon a less desirable place to live for the "natives" as
well.

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse