Re: TLS client

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 07:03:46AM -0600, Craig Jackson wrote:

> > > I dunno about evolution with TLS support, but kmail 3.1 certainly isn't
> > > in stable.
> >
> > 	Yes, you are right. I meant that I have woody (stable) with kde 3.1,
> > installed (.deb) from kde. And the evolution I tried I think it was the
> > evolution from woody.
> >

> The Evolution/stable that installs from Woody does not suppot TLS. I
> worked through all of those dependency issues last night and was able to
> install Evolution/unstable which does support TLS. All I can say is
> "Praise Debian" because it would have been a nightmare trying to juggle
> all of those RPMs under Redhat. Problem solved.

Two other possible solutions:
* is there a evolution-(tls|ssl) package in non-US/main?
* go read up on 'apt-get source'; it makes it fairly simple to rebuild
  packages from sid on woody and sarge systems, which save you having to
  update your libraries and such (you're effectively running sid at the
  moment).

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/