Re: how the fuck do I unsubscribe

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:48:16AM -0500, Mike M wrote:
> On Friday 14 February 2003 02:18, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:01:08AM +1100, Joyce, Matthew wrote:
> > > You cannot unsubscribe.  Noone can.  Why would you want to anyway ?
> >
> > His continued resistance is futile. He has been assimilated.
> >
> > munch, munch...
>
> The dissimilated are never heard from again are they?  So there's no actual
> proof of being dissimilated.
>
> I have several indentities.  Sometimes I mismanage them like this: send
> subscribe from one identity and reply using another identity.  Depending on
> how rigid the automated attendent for the mail list is, this could cause
> frustration on the part of the human unaware of the error.  I fixed this
> problem to a large extent by associating a mail folder with a mail list and
> an identity.  I use Kmail.  I am still able screw things up but I have to
> work harder at it.

I can easily understand things getting screwed up for someone on a list
trying to get off.  But Matthew's line had me chuckling hard, and my
response was really to that instead of questioning the ability to
unsubscribe.  (My apologies to the original poster if misunderstood.)

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,