Re: pronto users ???

Russell wrote:

> Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> > Any pronto mua users here?
> >
> > As you may or may not know, I am working on moving a 2GB, ~1000000
> > message, ~500 folder, ~400 messages per day mail archive to debian
> > woody.  Currently, this is used by netscrape mail in an convenient and
> > elaborate hierarchy of folders sometimes (10) or more levels deep.
> >
> > I'm testing mutt; but, I have not found as convenient a solution to the
> > many nested subfolder syndrome, especially regarding the navigation of
> > folders from within mutt.
> >
> > Further investigation shows that pronto supports nested subfolders; but,
> > <http://www.muhri.net/pronto/> has not revealed much detail.
> >
> > So, I am soliciting comments from any of you kind people, especially
> > regarding pronto's nested subfolder facility _and_ how pronto compares
> > to mutt -- especially bad comparisons ;<
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> I don't know about pronto. What version of netscape? Is it on windows?
> Mozilla works just like netscape, but is *much* faster at handling
> large mailboxes than netscape 4.7x. Later versions of netscape are
> based on mozilla, iirc.

Yes, nt4 and netscrape v4.8.  No, I've looked at Mozilla, and -- nice as
it is -- its nested mbox configuration still risks corruption of too
much mail and offers nothing to me for remote mail perusal.  I like it
more than my current netscrape; but, it is not enough of a change to be
warranted.  Please, review the details in my response to Vineet.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .