Re: ut2003/Games in general woes

On approximately Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 08:43:50PM -0500, karrottop wrote:
> Ok, I installed ut2003 under debian 3.0 (woody) and it ran.  I have
> recently upgraded to (Sid) and now it only goes to splash screen then
> blacks out my window, just to return directly to my desktop.  So, I
> installed tuxracer, all it does is turn my monitor on a different
> resolution then quits, and thats not verry nice because It doesen't let
> me ctl-alt-+ to return back to my original rez.  Here is the output I
> get from ut2003:
> WeaponXbox:~# ut2003
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
> OpenGL renderer relies on DXTC/S3TC support.
>
> History:
>
> Exiting due to error

Some more information would be good here.. Things like what video card? Chipset?
Driver version for your particular video card?

Also are you sure that OpenGL is working correctly in the first place?  You can
try running something simple like `glxgears` or `glxinfo` and that should tell
you whether OpenGL is working or not.  If not then you have found your problem.

> Also as a side note if somebody knows, I have had problems downloading
> maps when I connect to online servers....It downloads and then after it
> finishes it tells me it had a error moving the file, any insight into
> that would be appreciated as well.

You're lucky.  Everytime I try to get on a server with a custom map it takes
like *20hrs* to download so I give up.  This is with 1.5mbit cable.  There is
a ut2003 bug database "https://bugzilla.icculus.org"; which could probably
answer your question better.  They also have a mailing list just for ut2003.

Josh