Re: pronto users ???

* Michael D. Schleif (mds@helices.org) [030213 14:16]:

> Any pronto mua users here?

You could grep this mailbox for User-Agent headers...

> As you may or may not know, I am working on moving a 2GB, ~1000000
> message, ~500 folder, ~400 messages per day mail archive to debian
> woody.  Currently, this is used by netscrape mail in an convenient and
> elaborate hierarchy of folders sometimes (10) or more levels deep.
>
> I'm testing mutt; but, I have not found as convenient a solution to the
> many nested subfolder syndrome, especially regarding the navigation of
> folders from within mutt.
>
> Further investigation shows that pronto supports nested subfolders; but,
> <http://www.muhri.net/pronto/> has not revealed much detail.

I'm not sure what you mean here; I believe mutt "supports nested
subfolders" as well.  What are you trying to do?  I guess I don't
understand what the "many nested subfolder /syndrome/" is.

As a side note, I can recommend that the most convenient way I've found
to transport mail from proprietary stores (outlook, etc.) to righteous
ones is via an IMAP server.  Should you decide to just move everything
to the IMAP store and keep it there, this gives you the advantage of
being able to access the same data and folder hierarchy from whatever
MUA you feel like at any time (and from whatever site, no less).

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/