Re: dpkg inconsistency

> discusses a method for recreating it. The script in the first message
> contains and error, so read subsequent messages also.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg03647.html

I'm trying now this recovery. I'm doing it line by line to see if it's
working:

mobian:~# apt-get update
E: Archive directory /var/cache/apt/archives/partial is missing.
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
.
.
.

was the first error. So I created directory
/var/cache/apt/archives/partial

But then comes
dpkg --set-selections $(
        ls /usr/share/doc | grep -v [A-Z] | awk '{print $1 " install"}'
    )
This didn't work because dpkg --set-selections doesn't take arguments.

So I tried
ls /usr/share/doc | grep -v [A-Z] | awk '{print $1 " install"}' | dpkg
--set-selections
which was accepted but appearently had no effect at all.

What is missing here?

Florian.