Re: Setting up Courier-IMAP at Home

Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Quoting David Raeker-Jordan <rkrjrdn@epix.net>:
> >
> > Currently, I use fetchmail to get my email from my ISP. Fetchmail passes the
> > mail to procmail, which uses a few rules and spamassasin to sort the mail
> > into folders. I use exim, but I am afraid I am a bit fuzzy as to
> > its role in delivering incoming mail. Does procmail pass the mail to exim,
> > or does procmail deliver the mail it sorts?
> >

> Procmail delivers the mail it sorts.  It can accept mail directly from
> fetchmail or fetchmail can hand the mail to exim.  And exim hands it
> to procmail.

If fetchmail hands-off to procmail, and procmail delivers the mail, then how
does procmail know to deliver in Maildir format (or even mbox format, for
that matter)

Here is my fetchmailrc:

poll "in.epix.net"
protocol pop3
username "david" here is "rkrjrdn" there
password "itsasecret"
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"
options fetchall

## End of fetchmailrc

Looks like fetchmail passes the mail directly to procmail. Here is my
procmailrc:

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail       # make sure this is right
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/username     # completely optional
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log # recommended

SPAM=/home/david/mail/spam

:0:
/home/david/mail/In-debian-user

:0:
*  DOWN-SYN@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU
/home/david/mail/In-down-syn

:0:
* To:.*rkrjrdn
/home/david/mail/In-rkrjrdn

## End of procmailrc

It looks like procmail delivers the mail, right? What would I change to get
procmail to deliver the mail to directories under ~/Maildir?

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:david@raeker-jordan.net