Re: Mutt Save-Hook Help

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:28:09AM -0800, Curtis Spencer wrote:
> I am trying to get mutt to save all messages from the debian user list
> in a file called debian.  I don't fully understand the save-hook functionality.
> my muttrc looks like this, yet everything still gets saved to the inbox.
<SNIP>

Personally, I have Exim deliver the messages for this list directly to a
separate mailbox in the first place, using filtering in a
.forward file... like so:
  then
     seen save $home/Mail/debian_user
  endif

And I don't know whether it's necessary to explicitly define the "else"
condition, but I did... like so:
  if not delivered
  then
    seen save "$home/Mail/inbox"
  endif

Note that I'm a complete newbie myself, so I don't know if this is the
*right* way to do this, I just know that it seems to be working for me.
And, obviously, if you're not using Exim as your MTA, the method will
presumably vary.