Re: More detailed post ...

Hi Pigeon,

[snips:]

Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 10:19:16PM -0500, jereme wrote:
> >
> > That is like telling me to build a fence so your dog doesn't crap on
> > my lawn...
>
> If your dog crapped on my lawn, I'd rather build a fence than bitch at
> you about it. In fact, that would stop everybody's dog crapping on my
> lawn, and achieve that without the need to bitch at anybody.
>
> (Aargh, just noticed, dog, bitch, that was unintentional.)

I liked the pun :)

...but my point was simply this, when the OP was chastised for the
duplicate mails he produced, his suggestion was that people who didn't
want the dupes should filter them on their end, rather than he himself
going to the trouble of not produce them in the first place.  I think
it is a simple question of responsibility.  Yes any competent user
could filter locally but why not just not produce them in the first
place?  Perhaps I am missing something?  I am always open to
reevaluation.

-jereme

Jereme Corrado <jereme@restorative-management.com>
System Administrator