xserver in chroot with nvidia?

hi everyone,

I run woody, and have  recently followed Colin's excellent
instructions on howw to set up a sid chroot directory
(http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html).  I'm trying to get X
to start up from chroot, and keep getting a "no screens found" error,
accompanied by "can't load module "nvidia" -- module not found").
These are errors I remember from my initial installation of debian,
before I installed the nvidia drivers (which, unfortunately, I requrie
in order to make my graphics card work at all).

At present I have no kernel installed in the chroot directory.  I had
thought that, since I really only wnat to chroot into it, I would
always be using the kernel from my main installation; and that
therefore the location of modules, etc., would still make sense to the
chroot installation.

Now that appears not to be the case.  Does anyone know how to fix
this?  For instance, can I somehow tell chroot that it needs to look
back in the main installation for modules? or wouldi t help if I
installed the kernel form my main installation in the chroot/boot
directory, and recompiled the nvidia modules?

anyway, thanks for the help.
matt