Re: mysql root user password, and Debian updates

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 12:49:44PM -0500, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:
> Do you have the mysql root password stored in /root/.my.cnf
> as detailed in /usr/share/doc/mysql-server/README.Debian?

I didn't, but I do now:

-rw-------    1 root     root           91 Feb  9 16:40 .my.conf

# an example of /root/.my.cnf
[mysql]
user            = root
password        = XXXXX

But sstill no go...

Setting up mysql-server (3.23.52-2) ...
Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
dpkg: error processing mysql-server (--configure):
mysql-server

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin