Re: sndfile.pc ?

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:59:16PM -0500, James Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 06:38:08PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:07:21PM -0500, stan wrote:
> > > Sigh, I'm still fighting the battle of trying to compile Ardour (why hasn't
> > > someone done a deb of this).
> > >
> > > In any case, I manged to get autogen.sh to run, only to have configure fail
> > > looking for a file called sndfile.pc. It seems to be searching for this
> > > with /usr/bin/pkg-config.
> > >
> > > Anyone habe any clues on this?
>
> Hi, I'm trying to build ardour as well on sid. I'm having some luck
> just doing 'apt-cache search' on all the stuff that configure barfs
> on, eg:
>
> apt-cache search sndfile
> libsndfile0 - Library for reading/writing audio files
> libsndfile0-dev - Library for reading/writing audio files
> libsndfile1 - Library for reading/writing audio files
> libsndfile1-dev - Library for reading/writing audio files
> sndfile-programs - Sample programs that use libsndfile

Mmm, I've installed all of those, I think, but perhaps from testing, rather
thna unstable.

> libsndfile1-dev did the trick I think. However, that won't be the end
> of your problems. Currently configure is looking for a file named
> ladspa.h, which is in the ladspa-sdk package; however the package
> description says,
> 'Please build-depend on this package if you need ladspa.h'
>
> Can someone give me a quick run-down on how to do this?

I'd be interested in hearing if you get this working. It appears that the
devloper of Ardour has suceded in upseting the Debian developers, and they
are'nt interested in doing anythign with this package. Too bad, as I have
lot's of LP's thta I wan't to read in, and this package would be a big
asset (along with gramofile), on doing this. I wisht these 2 projects could
get together.

In any case, I've got several other projects on my plate (mythtv for one),
so I don;t know how much more time I'm going to have for this one.

Thanks for the info.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin