Re: wget and ftp download problems

Dave Selby wrote:
On Sunday 09 February 2003 8:45 am, you wrote:

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Dave Selby wrote:

Having a bit of trouble with wget loading from ftp sites, have set it up
to load urls from a text file.

Are you sitting behind a firewall at all? Have you allowed both port 20

Sure am sitting behind a firewall, Its a pretty crude affair, blocks all NEW packets from outside, lets in ESTABLISHED & RELATED.

So should allow a transmit from my machine via any port, and accept any ESTABLISHED, RELATED packet back in.

I have unfortunately got the same problem on all ftp sites I have tried.

ESTABLISHED can match the incoming part of ftp downloads if you

modprobe ip_tables

(some people seem to have trouble with passive downloads)

--

Sean