Re: wget and ftp download problems

On Sunday 09 February 2003 8:45 am, you wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Dave Selby wrote:
> > Having a bit of trouble with wget loading from ftp sites, have set it up
> > to load urls from a text file.
> >
> > In a shell script I have ...
>
> <snip>
>
> Are you sitting behind a firewall at all? Have you allowed both port 20
> and 21 for FTP? Also does it work on other FTP sites as it could just be
> that debian.org is overloaded
>
> Rgds
>
> Rus

Sure am sitting behind a firewall, Its a pretty crude affair, blocks all NEW
packets from outside, lets in ESTABLISHED & RELATED.

So should allow a transmit from my machine via any port, and accept any
ESTABLISHED, RELATED packet back in.

I have unfortunately got the same problem on all ftp sites I have tried.

Dave