Re: Mozilla and Galeon not working anymore in Sid

On 03-02-08 20:20 +0100, Riccardo Gusso wrote:
> Hi,
> after today's upgrade of my sid both Mozilla (mozilla-browser_1.2.1-9)
> and Galeon (galeon 1.2.7-6) don't work anymore: the first starts (I can
> see the process with ps aux) but no windows appear on the desktop, the
> second starts and continues to open continuously new windows, so that it
> is impossible to use it.

 this happened to me last week.

 if it's the same problem I had, moving your ~/.mozilla out of the way
 will let you start it up for that one session.. but don't spend a lot of
 time setting your preferences, because once you close the browser it
 starts all over again

 a thread called "mozilla won't start" from ~2 weeks ago points out
 bug#171911 (which I haven't read myself..) & mentions the workaround is
 to uninstall galeon and reinstall mozilla-browser, which is what I did
 & it worked for me.

 Kenneth