Re: Mozilla and Galeon not working anymore in Sid

Kenneth Dombrowski (kenneth@ylayali.net) wrote:

> On 03-02-08 20:20 +0100, Riccardo Gusso wrote:

> > after today's upgrade of my sid both Mozilla
> > (mozilla-browser_1.2.1-9) and Galeon (galeon 1.2.7-6) don't work
> > anymore: the first starts (I can see the process with ps aux) but
> > no windows appear on the desktop, the second starts and continues
> > to open continuously new windows, so that it is impossible to use
> > it.

>  a thread called "mozilla won't start" from ~2 weeks ago points out
>  bug#171911 (which I haven't read myself..) & mentions the
>  workaround is to uninstall galeon and reinstall mozilla-browser,
>  which is what I did & it worked for me.

Mozilla-browser has a lot of repeated items in the bug tracker that
are all this same problem.  The true workaround seems to be to
dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-browser and not use freetype2.

-Jason

--
Jason Wojciechowski
http://wonka.hampshire.edu/~jason