Re: shuttle disaster

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 01:56:59PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
>> There's the "New Town", Milton Keynes, which is totally designed
>> around the car. It is _huge_ (by British standards). It is possible to
>> get from one side to the other in about the same time as for a
>> traditional British city, but that's because it is both legal and
>> practical to do 70mph most of the way. If you live in Milton Keynes
>> and you haven't got a car, you're buggered. The fact that everybody
>> hates the place hasn't stopped lots of other towns building
>> Milton-Keynes-esque urbomas around the outside.
>
> Not to mention it having more roundabouts than most of the rest of the
> UK put together, and the legendary concrete cows.
>
> Then again, on roundabouts:
>
>   http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm

Haha, wow.  I would love to see one of those on Cape Cod, where a
single, normal "rotary" can back up traffic all the way to Boston
(because most Americans can't figure out how to drive in a circle,
apparently).

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?