Re: shuttle disaster

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 22:20, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:52:57PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > eg.  Actually, all goods and services come from the government...Try
> > > producing your own goods and services.
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something, but what are you talking about.  People
> > and corporations produce their own goods and services every day.
>
> Maybe you missed the rest of his post, which read "s/money/goods and
> services" followed by what you quoted, followed by "It's easy to
> forget that money is the reference and the reference is not an
> object."

But that's wrong.  These two quotes contradict each other:
"s/money/goods and services"
"It's easy to forget that money is the reference and the reference is
not an object."

There is still the "Actually, all goods and services come from the
government...Try producing your own goods and services." quote, which
is only true in extreme dictatorships...

> And he's right.  Money is basically the medium through which goods and
> services are evaluated and rewarded, it's a point system and not an
> object in and of itself.

No one is arguing that.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ ron.l.johnson |
| "For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start    |
|  with, and becoming increasingly difficult to be produc-   |
|  tive as time went on, and if something went wrong very    |
|  difficult to fix, compared to linux's large over head     |
|  setting up and learning the system with ease of use and   |
|  the increase in productivity becoming larger the longer I |
|  use the system."                                          |
|   Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands                         |