Re: [OT] Re: shuttle disaster

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 10:29, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> Mike M wrote:
> >

> > Socrates was stagnant and resting on his society's laurels?  Good teaching
> > inspires creativity.
>
> I didn't say Socrates was stagnant.

Truly off topic, but Socrates is not the best example of good teaching,
unless you admire what his pupils created:

http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/essays/ifstoneonsocrates.html

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/socrates/socrates.HTM

http://www.creatingthe21stcentury.org/Intro8a-Plato.html

dsb@smart.net