Re: phoenix hangs on ctrl-u

* Anthony Campbell (ac@acampbell.org.uk) wrote:
> On 06 Feb 2003, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> > Hey all:
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure what to do about this problem. Phoenix used to allow
> > me to view the source of a page using control-u. Now whenever I use the
> > shortcut the browser hangs (doesn't allow me to minimize the window, open
> > any menus, etc). I thought maybe it was because I had an incompatible
> > something or other. So I did the fooling thing and apt-get upgraded.
> >
> > The browser /still/ hangs on control-u. Is there an error log somewhere
> > that might give me some clues? Viewing source on HTML pages is an extremely
> > important part of my job...seriously.
> >
> > I don't think they use the same installed code base but mozilla is
> > perfectly happy showing me the source of the page with control-u.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > emma
>
> Just tried it here; it worked without problems. This is with the current
> "stable" release of phoenix (1.5 I think).

mine too.

only thought is: remove all your plugins (put them somewhere you can
find them again) then run phoenix, and try it out.

if it doesn't work, rename your .phoenix directory, and try again.

if _that_ doesn't work, purge phoenix (delete everything) and try again.
(make appropriate backups - probably bookmarks.html at least).

hth,

iain

--
wh33, y1p33 3tc.