Re: Newsreaders - newsx 0r suggestion

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:32:24 +1100 (EST)
Sid Blackley <nui_yoosa@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> why? didnt know better.
> purged leafnode and newsx , found and fixed entry for server (what a
> strange place to put that info - /etc/news/server! :-P )
> ran slrn --create
> i am trialling slrn.

    Also setting NTTPSERVER in your favorite shell will do the trick.  I'm a
bit miffed.  Had a HD meltdown over the weekend that took out half my home
directory.  One of the directories I lost was my slrn directory.  More
importantly the score file that was in it.  several hundreds of rules that
made reading news trivial down the bit drain.  *sigh*