samba plus nfs, or only samba - 3 pcs

hello,

i have my debian box acting as a server and a gateway for my lan. i had
a "multi-booting" pc on the lan, which i just upgraded the hardware on.
this will be my son's windoze box. right now i am running samba between
the two. now i can use his old box as a debian workstation. i am
thinking of running nfs between the server and workstation, but will
still need samba for the windoze box.

any suggestions on whether i should ran both samba and nfs, or should i
stick with samba alone since i'm already using it? performance?

tia,
jason

--
Jason M. Harvey