Re: Nautilus

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 19:04, Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Sid's Nautilus yesterday; the icons were gone. I'm now having
> the standard icon for everything (files, dirs). Is that a bug?
> Pointers please...
>
> BTW, I think Nautilus is much faster now.
>
> Oki

I just went two weeks through that - with Gnome 2.2, there is now an
"Icon Theme" setting that needs to be selected via your preferred gconf
tool - iirc, the key to set is /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme, and
for the icons you need, install gnome-icon-theme as well.

And yes, due to yanking out some of the potential future functionality
and abstractions of Nautilus, it does run faster. Not as fast as "ls",
but faster than it used to.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org