Re: gnome kde conflict

Colin Watson wrote:

> They have libfam in common too, and that's having problems with the g++
> 3.2 transition: GNOME 2 uses the g++ 3.2 version (libfam0c102) while KDE
> 2 uses (and needs to continue using) the g++ 2.95 version (libfam0), and
> the two need to conflict. I'm not sure what's being done about this: see
> bug #177970.

More specifically, the latest Gnome 2.2 packages use the g++ 3.2
version. The first Gnome 2.2 packages (and all of the older Gnome 2.0
packages), which predate the gcc transition, did not. My solution was to
place a hold on the libgnomevfs2* packages, which, on my systems, are
the only ones for which an upgrade depends on libfam0c102.

Craig