Re: gnome kde conflict

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:22:37 -0500, Bart J. Himel wrote:
> I know this has probably already been answered, but I can't find it
> anywhere.  I installed Debian Unstable on my computer a couple of weeks ago,

If you're running unstable and not following the debian-devel-announce and
debian-devel lists, you're in an ideal situation to shoot yourself in the
foot.

> but instead of installing Gnome2 it installed 1.4.  When I try to use apt to
> install nautilus 2, it tells me it needs to remove my entire KDE 2
> installation!  Why is this?

The gcc 3.2 transition (which was announced on debian-devel-announce) isn't
complete yet; KDE2 apparently hasn't been rebuilt against the updated
libraries yet or not all of its dependencies have made the transition
themselves.

> and is anyone working on it?

Undoubtedly.

HTH,
Ray
--
To this day we are still wondering what exactly it is, besides prices, that
Microsoft has innovated.