mounting filesystems

I am trying to read the Windows filesystems on my linux/W98/XP system. Despite reusing the same entries I had in Potato in addition to those generated by Woody, and checking google re ntfs entries, I am unable to see those Windows filesystems, even the W98 filesystems I read on the same drive under Woody

When I manually try to mount them, for example, ‘mount –a’, I get mount point /c does not exist and same for /d and /e

Similarly, these entries do not show up in /etc/mtab

Here is my /etc fstab entries:

/dev/hda1 /c vfat defaults 0 0

/dev/hda5 / ext2 errors=remount-ro

/dev/hda6 none swap sw 0 0

/dev/hda8 /d vfat defaults 0 0

/dev/hde1 /e ntfs ro,auto,owner 0 0

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/fd0 /floppy auto user,noauto 0 0

/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

--

David