Re: Highlighted in X, is there a buffer ?

Hi,

* Dave Selby <dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk> [030205 16:20]:
> When using X, you can highlight text and copy it to another area via the
> middle mouse button.
>
> Is there a buffer file that holds the highlighted text ? This would be very
> usefull for passing URLs etc to the ctrl-alt-f1 command line. Sometimes Xterm
> is not ideal because it ceases when the user is changed. The same goes for
> the GUI !
>
> Yep I am thinking of downloading long files via wget !

In that case you can still use X, you just need to nohup your wget.
eg.

nohup wget http://whatever >& wget.log &

man nohup

for details.

Actually there is probably something built into bash so that nohup is
not required... but I don't know about interactive bash.

Nick.