Re: Highlighted in X, is there a buffer ?

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:04:34 +0000
Dave Selby <dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> When using X, you can highlight text and copy it to another area via the
> middle mouse button.
>
> Is there a buffer file that holds the highlighted text ? This would be very
> usefull for passing URLs etc to the ctrl-alt-f1 command line. Sometimes Xterm
> is not ideal because it ceases when the user is changed. The same goes for
> the GUI !
>
> Yep I am thinking of downloading long files via wget !
>
> Any Ideas
> Dave

Not ideal, but I guess that:
cat > tmp.tmp
<paste X copy in here>
^D
In the xterm, followed by
apt-get install `cat tmp.tmp`
At the console should work.

Hope this is useful even if only as a stop-gap.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james@tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering